Facility Rules and Regulations
Alcohol beverage policy
In order to purchase alcohol during events at FARGODOME, an acceptable ID must be presented and the customer must be at least 21 years of age. Please be prepared to present a valid state or Canada issued ID such as a driver’s license, permit or ID card. Military IDs will not be accepted, per request from the City of Fargo. Additionally, passports may not be accepted for the purchase of alcohol.
- Please note that any ID used for the purchase of alcohol must be current (i.e. not expired) and FARGODOME personnel has the right to refuse service to anyone. Each customer is allowed to purchase up to two (2) alcoholic beverages per transaction.
Trained guide dogs or service animals assisting guests with disabilities are permitted inside the arena. All other animals are prohibited.
Banners and signs
Banners are allowed in the arena for some events, however, they may not be hung or fastened anywhere in the FARGODOME. Signs larger than legal paper size or on a stick are strictly prohibited.
- Emergencies and evacuation - Designated FARGODOME ushers have been trained in proper procedures for emergency preparedness. These designated employees will have the primary duty of assisting patrons with disabilities to specific locations.
FARGODOME is committed to providing an exciting, family atmosphere in the arena. Guests using foul language or appearing to be intoxicated will be escorted from the arena. Guests wearing obscene or indecent clothing with be denied entry. The use of laser pointers is strictly prohibited and will result in ejection. If someone is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, please contact a FARGODOME event staff member.
- FARGODOME uses ISS 24/7. If you need help or need to report an issue while attending an event, text "Fargo" to 69050.
Outside food and beverage are prohibited. An empty water container with a lid is permitted to be brought in through a ticket entrance so the guest can fill at a water fountain.
Prohibited items- In the interest of guest safety and enjoyment, the FARGODOME reserves the right to prevent certain items from being carried into the arena. These include, but are not limited to:
- Bags larger than 13" x 13"
- Fireworks/open flames
- iPads used for photos/videos or any other recording device
- Weapons of any kind including guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spikes, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Selfie stick
- Remote or motorized controlled vehicles
- Air horns, noise makers, balloons or inflatable items
- Masks (defined as forms of disguise or concealment in front of the face to hide the identity of the person)
- Also prohibited are any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by dome officials.
There are 30 walk-through metal detectors around FARGODOME. Signs are posted at the entrances of all gates that list what items need to be removed and not removed before proceeding through the detectors.
- Please Remove: Cell Phones, Cameras, Sunglass Cases, Tobacco Tins and other large metal objects.
- Do Not Remove: Belt, Wallet, Coins, Jacket, Shoes, Watches/Jewelry
There is no re-entry to the arena.
FARGODOME is a smoke-free building including electronic cigarettes; smoking in your suite is strictly prohibited. Designated smoking areas are located outside the building at the northeast and southwest corners.
This is prohibited on FARGODOME premises. It is strongly recommended that you do not purchase your tickets from a non-FARGODOME third party.
Football Tailgating Policy
The following standards have been developed so that North Dakota State University students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests may enjoy their game day experience to the fullest. We anticipate your cooperation in observing each of these points, which are provided in the best interest of health and safety. Thank you very much.
Reserved tailgating opens 5½ hours before kickoff. All other lots open 5 hours before kickoff. Tailgating ends 30 minutes prior to kickoff. All guests are required to exit the tailgating lots at this time. Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lots during the game. Lots close 1 hour after the game or 11:00 p.m., whichever comes first.
Tailgating is allowed in designated parking lots. Alcohol is allowed in Fargodome lots E, F and G, and NDSU lot NQ. Consumption and possession of alcohol is prohibited in Fargodome lots A, AA, B, C, D, and all other NDSU lots.
• Lot A and AA are staff, media, and suiteholders
• Lot B and C are $5 game day parking
• Lot D is Team Makers reserved parking
• Lot E, F and G North are reserved tailgating
• Lot G South is non-reserved tailgating
• NDSU Lot NQ is overflow non-reserved tailgating
• NDSU Lot R North is Team Makers reserved parking
• NDSU Lot R South, RF and F are $5 game day parking
No tailgating, no alcohol in NDSU parking lots (except NQ).
Reserved Tailgating: Lot D will be used for reserved tailgating lineup. All tailgating spots in Lots E, F, G North and the north half of G South will have a Lot, Row and Space designation based on priority points. Reserved spots are $20 per spot, per game in increments of 2 with a maximum of 6 per account. Renewals are due May 1. New spots are assigned by June 1. For more information, contact Helena Johnston at (701) 231-6172.
Non-Reserved Tailgating: Non-reserved spots will be available in the south end of Fargodome Lot G with overflow spots in NDSU Lot NQ. Parking is $5 per spot with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 spots. Additionally, a “twice the size of your vehicle” maximum number of spots applies. Single vehicles with no trailers have a maximum of 2 spots. A vehicle with a trailer has a maximum of 4 spots. Staff will direct vehicles to spots.
Non-Reserved Tailgating Lineup: Fans who wish to tailgate together should arrive together. Non-reserved lineup begins at 5:00 p.m. Friday (for Saturday games) along the south side of 17th Avenue. Vehicles must be attended at all times; they may not be parked and abandoned. Law enforcement and event staff will be present to assist with this lineup. Tailgating is prohibited on University and City of Fargo streets prior to entering the lot.
Campus Parking: Game day parking is available for $5 per spot in NDSU Lots R, RF and F west and south of the Sanford Health Athletic Complex. Vehicles shall enter from 14th Street near the Team Makers Athletic Fields.
Tailgating Rules & Regulations
The University and the Fargodome reserve the right to restrict any vehicle or person for reasons of safety and security.
Reserved tailgating parking passes must be visible while vehicle is parked in Lots E, F and G during tailgate hours. All vehicles parked in tailgate spots not allocated and/or reserved by vehicle’s owner will be subject to be towed at owner’s expense and risk.
For safety reasons, we ask that all beverages be consumed from plastic or paper cups. No glass permitted in tailgating lots.
Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgating areas. Persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Drinking games (including but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer pongs) are prohibited.
Beer kegs, party balls and glass bottles of beverages are prohibited in all parking areas.
Open containers of alcoholic beverages are not permitted outside the designated lots.
Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by the use of loud, abusive language and behavior that prevents others from enjoying tailgating and the game will be asked to cease the behavior or leave the event.
Noise amplification or music must be kept to a reasonable level.
Tailgating participants are responsible for keeping Fargodome and University surrounding areas clean. Trash bins are located in parking lots. Trash bags and cleanliness are the responsibility of each individual tailgate area.
Solicitation is not allowed on the University campus or Fargodome property without permit. The sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval. All Fargodome solicitation policies apply.
The promotion or advertising of a business, product/service or sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval. Tailgaters cannot sublet or use spots for commercial activity.
Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited in parking lots. Propane and charcoal grills are permitted. Please properly dispose of all hot coals.
Restrooms are available in the southwest corner of Fargodome from the opening of the tailgating lots until public doors open. Portable toilets are available in all tailgating lots. Additional restrooms are available in the Fargodome east lobby.
Drones are not permitted on Fargodome property including all parking lots.
- Please be aware that individuals who violate the above rules and regulations will be asked to leave the property and be subject to legal penalties.
EACH TAILGATER ASSUMES ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TAILGATING AND WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST NDSU, THE NORTH DAKOTA UNIVERSITY SYSTEM, FARGODOME, TEAM MAKERS CLUB INC. AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE SUSTAINED DURING TAILGATING. EACH TAILGATER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS NDSU, THE NORTH DAKOTA UNIVERSITY SYSTEM, FARGODOME, TEAM MAKERS CLUB INC. AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ALL LIABILITY, LOSSES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, COSTS AND EXPENSES TO WHICH THEY MAY BECOME SUBJECT BY REASON OF THE TAILGATER’S NEGLIGENT, GROSSLY NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONAL ACT OR OMISSION.
Meetings, Gatherings, Receptions, and Promoter Events
- The FARGODOME does not allow the use of duct, masking, scotch, or two-sided tape for any application. We require that only wrestling mat tape be used in the facility. This may be purchased at sporting goods stores or we will have it available for sale during move-in for $11.00 per roll. If your exhibitors use any two-sided tape, a minimum clean up charge of $300.00 will be assessed directly to the promoter.
- The FARGODOME does not allow small decorative helium balloons to be used anywhere in the arena. Large tethered advertising balloons may be used in your display area but before inflating them, please sign a waiver at the utility table in the NW corner of the field level.
- The FARGODOME is unable to accept any shipments for vendors prior to the start of, or after the conclusion of your show. If you need to ship items prior to arriving for move-in, please send them directly to the decorator that has been designated for your event. The FARGODOME will accept shipments for promoters prior to events. Please have the sender note your company name and the event coordinator’s name on the package, so that our staff will know that they can accept the parcel.
- All paint over-spray removal charges will be billed directly to the promoter.
- When arranging your contract times, please be sure that you have allowed enough time for your decorator to move in their materials and complete the necessary measuring and set-up prior to the beginning of your move-in. Often we are not able to accommodate requests for extra time and would appreciate it if you would plan for their needs in advance.
- All vendors who plan to give away food samples must first contact our food & beverage department and obtain prior approval.
- A FARGODOME exhibitor utility order form will be included in your vendor packet. Please note that all requests must be received with full payment seven days prior to the beginning of your show in order for us to honor the advance rate price of these services.
- The FARGODOME is a smoke-free facility.
- The FARGODOME does not allow the use of any kind of tapes or adhesives in its rooms and facilities. Easels or some other kind of holder must be used for all signage. Please ask for assistance with this issue if needed.
- Section 33 on the east concourse is not available to promoters for tradeshows. Our food and beverage department occupy this space. Please be sure that you do not sell or plan to use this area during your show. The FARGODOME also uses Section 1 for Guest Services. In addition, no booths may be sold in front of any permanent advertising panels on the concourse level.
- Occasionally, we are able to accommodate requests from vendors to stage their trailers or extra vehicles in an empty parking lot prior to the beginning of move-in. However, all arrangements for this must be made with the event coordinator prior to the move-in day. We have experienced problems with exhibitors dropping their items and blocking our parking lots. The FARGODOME assumes no responsibility for loss, theft or vandalism of items left outdoors.
- Please advise your vendors that all vehicles, trailers, and booth materials must be removed completely from the FARGODOME and its parking lots by the time your contract expires.